The World Urban Forum was held from 7 to 13 February 2018, on the theme "Cities 2030 - Cities for all: Establishment of the New Agenda". This major world event highlighted the issue of partnerships in the implementation of the New Urban Agenda.
This is a key issue for the stakeholders commitment in the implementation of the New Urban Agenda, and of its definition by the UN Habitat. It is also an important topic for INTA, as it will be the subject of Congress 2018, "Partnerships for Sustainable Cities and Communities".
Here are some specially dedicated WUF sessions:
- Saturday 10 February, 2018, special session - Creative investment and financing mechanism for local government: Identifying investment and financial opportunities available to local governments to support implementation of the NUA and Urban SDGs
- Sunday 11 February 2018, networking event - Strengthening Partnerships for inclusive implementation of the New Urban Agenda in advancing Agenda 2030: Multi-stakeholder partnerships for the New Urban Agenda
- Monday 12 February 2018, special session - Inclusive multi-stakeholder platforms
- Monday 12 February 2018, dialogue - Transformative partnerships in urban management
- Monday 12 February 2018, special session - Civic engagement and participation: Sharing successful examples of innovation allowing for broader participation and civic engagement in the implementation of the NUA
If you have not been able to attend these sessions, or want to deepen the subject of partnerships in the implementation of the New Urban Agenda, we look forward to see you at the INTA Congress 2018!