ISOCARP is organizing it 53rd Annual Congress from 24 to 27 October 2017. In partnership with OAPA, this joint international conference will take place in Portland, Oregon, USA.
This year’s topic, Smart Communities, will question how technology is influencing communities and how to harness the benefits and address the rapid changes challenges in rural communities or major international centers.
The conference will be organized around 6 themes:
- Technology, infrastructure and buildings
- Governance and inclusive communities
- Culture, community experience and the sharing economy
- Resilience, adaptation and disaster mitigation
- Technology and small communities
- Post-smart communities and the new frontiers
You can submit a paper, a session proposal and a case study/practical experience before 24 April 2017.