ISOCARP is organizing its 24th Congress, from 1 to 5 October 2018 in Bodø, Norway, themed "Cool planning : changing climate and our urban future".
The Congress will address the need for cool cities to face global warming, creating a new kind of planning, that would put cool at the center of urban designing. With the best planners, the Congress aims to help saving the civilisation.
The conference will be divided in 6 themes:
- THE GLOBAL VIEW: Climate Change Impacts, Sustainability and Resilience
- SPOTLIGHT CITIES: Planning for Coastal Cities, Remote Towns, and High North Cities
- CLIMATE-PROOF CITIES: Planning for Weather, Water, Food and Energy
- TECHNOLOGY AND INFRASTRUCTURE: Clean, Green, Smart and Resilient
- SOCIAL NETWORKS: Citizen Participation, Urban Governance and Cultural Transformation
- CONTEMPORARY PLANNING PRACTICE: Projects and Paradigms
You can submit a paper, case study/practical experience or session proposal, until 31 March 2018.