Do you have innovative solutions to address urban challenges ?
Following the successful first edition of our Smart Cities Innovation Award, Le Monde newspaper invites you to apply in the following categories :
· Urban Innovation : technological and/or social innovation applied to the city.
· Civic Engagement (Le Monde-Inta Award) : initiatives whereby citizens play a role in developing and managing physical and/or virtual urban spaces and services.
· Habitat : innovations in urban living space (residential, offices, new materials, etc.).
· Mobility : project that facilitates movement around and in the city at a more human level and in a more economical way.
· Energy : innovation that seeks to reduce the carbon footprint of cities.
· Cultural Action : social and digital innovation with cultural and urban impacts.
Who may apply ?
Private or public entities as well as associations, businesses or individuals
How can you apply ?
To be selected, the candidacy must include :
· A link to a video (three minutes maximum) that presents the solution
· A text (3,000 characters maximum) describing the innovation, its type, its aim(s), the projected schedule, the players, costs and funding.
· Copy of your ID and of your legal organisation.
When and where can you apply ?
Applications from European countries must be sent (in French, English or Spanish) to the email firstname.lastname@example.org). Deadline : February 26, 2017. More details here.
Applications from non European countries must be sent in English to the email email@example.com. Deadline : April 2, 2017. More details here.
What are the rewards ?
An international jury of qualified personalities will select the best project in each category, awarded of €1,000 each, and € 2,000 for the Grand Prize Le Monde – L’Atelier BNP.
The European awards will be offered to the winners in Lyon (France), on April 7, 2017.
The International Awards will be offered in Singapore in June.
// More information